Saturday, September 20, 2008

I'd like that.

So, this past few weeks, I have been thinking about relationships.  Over these past few weeks my opinion/stance on relationships have been all over the block, plant, and galaxy.  After lots of thought, discussion, and self contemplation I have come to the conclusion that:

Jacob Deaven does not want a relationship.

For those of you who know me this may be a shock.  I used to be the biggest proponent of relationships, but, now, I'm joining the "I'd like that" platform.  After lots of mediation on my last relationship I have come to the conclusion that everything went to fast.  As I pondered I remember a quote off a John Mayer DVD.  I could type the entire thing here, but I'm lazy and tired. It can easily be found on youtube.  The gist of the anecdote is that if you let your relationship grow to fast it will have nothing to do but collapse on it's self.  So, he suggests that you should savor your relationship and take your time.

That leads to the current plan.  I'm only 20.  I have lots of life to live, lots of travels to experience, and lots of lessons to learn.  I'm going to enjoy life ,and when it comes time for a serious relationship, down the line, then I will be ready for it.  Until then I'm going to live life one day at a time and see where it takes me.

Viva la Vida

Goodnight space cowboys...

No comments: